be advised that the idea "Cherry Gardens Heritage Cemetery Safety and
Indigenous Garden " is now
available on the Fund My Neighbourhood website.
Step 1: Follow the link: http://fundmyneighbourhood.yoursay.sa.gov.au/rounds/fund-my-neighbourhood-2017/ideas/cherry-gardens-heritage-cemetery-safety-and-indigenous-garden
Build a brick path, install
lighting, improve safety for heritage cemetery
Access to the heritage graves at Cherry Church, which
date to 1852, is unsightly and unsafe for elderly and disabled people. It is proposed to install:
• A suitable gate in the front fence that respects the heritage of the
• A brick paved path past the graves and to the Memorial Wall courtyard
including a balustrade for safety as the path has a slope to it.
• Lighting for the path and courtyard to improve safety for night meetings
• New lime mortar to heritage walls which date to 1849. This will help solve the damp problem in
the old walls
• A street light on the existing Stobie pole improving safe access from the
• An upgraded power supply
• Drainage to protect the graves and courtyard
• A garden of Indigenous and native plants selected with the help of the
Cherry Gardens Garden Club
We would be very grateful for your support for our
project. We are a small group of
people, mostly pensioners, and value any support to help us preserve and
maintain this heritage area.
Chairperson of the Congregational Council